I was planner tagged by Zoe Plans to answer these questions, so here goes…
THE PLANNER TAG QUESTIONS:
- How were you introduced to planners and what was your first planner? My first planner was a Filofax personal sized Finsbury. I’m not sure why or how but I had wanted a Filofax for a very long time. I still have her and will never part with her. She is battered, cut, rusty and very well-loved! I may even share a blog on her one day.
- How many planners do you have and what are they used for? I have *cough* 12 but only actively use two. I use a Malden pocket ochre for on the go planning and a Life Designer Planner for my stay at home decorated one. I also have the old girl pink Finsbury, and also a cherry red personal Finsbury and a gold Saffiano personal sized. My pockets are the Malden, Hearts, Raspberry Finsbury, brown cross and red cross. I also have a Personal Planner that I spilt coffee on and could not bring myself to use again. I have an old black leather mini one by WHSmiths and a Caramel personal Websters that I won.
- What is your favourite brand of Planner? I have to say Filofax as I own eight!
- How long does it take you to update your planner each day? I tend to spend only 5 minutes or so each day. I have a decorating session every week or two and tend to decorate ahead a bit. I have a full-time job and a toddler, it’s hard!
- When did you first start decorating your planner? I discovered a Facebook group in the UK around January 2014 and it started really from there. I also started looking at YouTube videos and Instagram images.
- What is your favourite pen for your planner? I use a Frixion in my on-the-go planner and Papermate Flairs in my stay-at-home decorated one.
- If you could use one embellishment what would it be? (i.e. Stickers, washi tape, gems, etc.) Stickers, the possibilities are endless and you can even get “washi” stickers.
- Favourite place to get Planner supplies/goodies. (Etsy shops can be included) Etsy full stop! Current favourites are Chocho and Mimi, Isabelle the Owl, Handcrafted by Sheree and The Plump Planner. Non Etsy stores I love are BonBonsKawaii and Suzy Stick It. Colemans are great for Filofax in the UK.
- What is your Planning routine? Grab time wherever I can, I tend to have to be alone in the house. I use my Malden to check what is coming up, as I fill that in as I go along. I then pick a theme and go nuts with stickers. I am still playing with my layouts in the Life Designer Planner so it varies each week at present.
- What inspires you each week for your weekly layout? (i.e. Holiday, Birthday, Season, Colour, etc.) Depends really on my mood, if there is a particular event or a nice sticker set burning a hole in my sticker box. I have also done some of the various themes set in my Facebook Planner group.
- Who is the first You Tuber that inspired you to decorate your Planner? Like Zoe Plans, the first YouTuber that inspired me was Living The Wife Life I also loved Devanf17 but she seems to have stopped loading videos this year sadly.
- How many Planners do you decorate? Just the stay at home one. I recently stopped decorating my pocket with washi and lots of stickers and staying more functional, it’s been a blessed relief!
- What Planner would you recommend to a first time user and/or Planner to decorate? I would say go with something cheaper if you are brand new and not sure how you will use it. Paperchase do nice ring planners in the UK. If you like spiral bound, then Personal Planner are a good option. If you feel the need for an ECLP but can’t face carriage and customs (like we have in the UK) then the Life Designer Planner fits all the ECLP vertical stickers.
- If you had to pick only one planner which would you use and why? The Malden pocket ochre, it’s my baby.
- Bonus question: Show your washi tape stash and is it out of control? It’s semi under control, but still ridiculous!
- Who do you tag to do this tag? I tag Puddle Side Musings, The Stationery Geekette and Into the Teapot.
Thanks for the tag Zoe! I would love to know your answers to the questions, let me know if you post your own answer or have any other questions prompted by my answers.